Happy Birthday Rohit Sharma: Today is the birthday of that Indian cricket star whom the whole world knows as ‘Hitman’. Rohit Sharma, the only batsman in the world who has scored three double centuries in ODI cricket and Indian team opener, has turned 33 today. Born on 30 April 1987 in Nagpur, Maharashtra, Rohit Sharma has made his own place in the world of cricket.
Today we are going to tell you about some unique records of double century machine and IPL most successful captain Rohit Sharma …
Very few people know that Rohit’s full name is Rohit Gurunath Sharma. Rohit, who made his Ranji Trophy debut for Mumbai, played his first international ODI against Ireland in 2007. Rohit Sharma has seen a lot of ups and downs in his cricket career. Apart from the vice-captain of the Indian ODI cricket team, he is also the captain of the IPL team Mumbai Indians.
Rohit Sharma’s special records
- Rohit Sharma scored five centuries in the ICC World Cup 2019, played in England. Rohit is the only batsman in the world to do so.
- Rohit became the first batsman to score three double centuries. In 2013, Rohit scored 209 runs in ODIs for the first time against Australia. After this, he scored 264 runs against Sri Lanka in 2014 and then 208 against Sri Lanka in 2017 at Mohali.
- In 2014, he surprised people by scoring a score of 264 against Sri Lanka. This is the highest score of any batsman made in ODIs.
- 2017 was a great year for Hitman. He hit a total of 65 sixes in a year in international cricket and set a new world record.
- Even in T20 cricket, this batsman has done such an amazing feat, which no one has been able to do till date. Rohit has scored four centuries in T20.
- Rohit Sharma has also done the feat of scoring a century in just 35 balls in T20.